Facial Hair Removal
There are several steps you will need to take in preparation for receiving laser hair removal:
- Shave the day prior to your treatment
- Avoid the sun for two weeks before your appointment
- Do not wax or pluck for two weeks prior to your appointment
- Do not use products that increase your skin sensitivity for at least a week prior to treatment
- Do not use a self-tanning lotion
After treatment, a pink or reddish color may linger in the treated area for a day or so. This will dissipate quickly, and your skin will regain its normal color shortly after treatment. You will see progressively less visible hair growth after each treatment session, with the complete removal of your unwanted hair in the treated area after the final treatment session.
After your treatment sessions, we recommend that you:
- Avoid sun exposure for two weeks
- Do not exercise the day after your treatment
- Do not take a hot bath or shower on the day of your treatment
- Avoid using strong products or exfoliating your skin, as this could irritate it
For more information about laser hair removal and to schedule a consultation with our dentist, please contact our office today.